Friday, March 22, 2019

Telling myself "my body is beautiful" but also that it doesn't define my worth.


From: https://www.reddit.com/r/BodyAcceptance/comments/b3myzn/telling_myself_my_body_is_beautiful_but_also_that/?utm_source=ifttt

The body movement has gained quite a bit of momentum over the past few years especially in part because of social media. Being a curvier girl in an industry that requires me to constantly be in front of the camera has had so many low moments I've had to overcome.My body has gone through so much change over the last 10 years of my adult life. I’ve had to learn to love my body when I didn’t have any booty at all ... to loving it when I have a lot of extra 🍑. To me - body positivity means to accept, love, and nurture our bodies throughout all of that change. To embrace the curves - even if there are people that I come across in my life or this industry who carelessly say things like “you can’t wear that because it’s too sexy - too revealing - too unflattering - TOO MUCH” (I used to have an agent that would try to steer me away from posting anything that would show my body too much) Hence why he got booted!I think above all, it’s imperative to understand that your worth and what’s happening with you physically are two entirely separate entities. You are ENOUGH. You are worthwhile regardless of what’s happening on the outside. I think it's important to be kind to yourself and cognizant of your thoughts - but also to realize that there will be occasions where some circumstances make it difficult to take care of yourself the way you would like to, in which case, just do the best you can in those moments and seek out support from those closest to you. The end goal is to create a space where we can all encourage, uplift, and empower one another to be the best versions of ourselves... And to be strong enough to diplomatically counter those who are trying to shame others due to their own internal battles. What are your thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment